Friday, October 06, 2006

Paula Zahn Smells Funny

I've been sitting in the Phoenix airport for the last three hours due to a canceled flight and I'm about to slit my wrists with my car keys. somebody thought it would be a good idea to blare CNN through every speaker in the airport and the only story they have covered is a congressman with a hardon for 16 year old boys. Does anybody care, is anybody surprised and is Wolf Blitzer a warewolf?

Yesterday I was disgusted by all the news coverage on the Omish funeral. Not because they were monopolizing on a tragedy but because they were all reporting on how the media was monoplizing on a tragedy. There was more coverage on the media covering the funeral then there was on the funeral.

My point here is one of the reasons Americans are so dumb and complacent is because our news is so dumb and complacement. (I base my belief that we are dumb and complacent on the fact that we re-elected Pres Bush and almost elected John Kerry: two of the dullest men in Washington.) We have been tricked into thinking that watching the news will keep us informed on current events and able to make educated decision. Bill O'Reily and Lou Dobbs have become our Aristotle & Socrates. We are only a couple of decades away from becoming the mindless automatons protrayed in so many sci-fi novels. I thinks its time for us to turn off our TVs and start trying to make a difference in the world. However; NFL is on Sunday, Monday and Thursday. college football is on Friday and Saturday and MLB platoffs are just getting started so maybe we should try to make a difference in a couple months. Besides, I just typed this whole thing on my Palm Treo with two oversized thumbs, I think I have done my part.

Peace out.

6 comments:

Marc said...

Huck Finn having a Jon Stewart moment. Amen.

Sammy Pow said...

Dude, you totally did your part, now it's time to just sit back and start watching the world change.

I definately feel I have changed to world for the better through my blogging efforts. And not having cable, I can only watch CNN capitalize on tragedies on the interweb.

Marc said...

Good thing you don't have cable Brian... Fox News brings capitalization on tragedy to a whole new level.

Huck Finn said...

I just want to say thank you to my loyal readers. I don't know where I'd be today with out you.

Can somebody tell me how to make a hyperlink in my blog. I can't seem to get it to work.

Sammy Pow said...

I emailed how to do it to you.

Sammy Pow said...

Speaking of hyperlinking... Sorry your appeal got rejected bro.